The Ponce, Atlanta’s original luxury high-rise, and originally known as the Ponce de Leon Apartments, opened in 1913, and was designed by architect William Stoddart, who also designed the neighboring Georgian Terrace hotel. The building converted to a condominium in 1982, when its Beaux Arts & Italianate finishes were thoroughly restored. It currently includes 61 exclusive residences. From the Tiffany ceiling in the rotunda lobby to the panoramic views from the rooftop, the Ponce has a history that is as rich and varied as its residents.
Tours from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tours will begin in the main lobby.
Architect: William Lee Stoddart, 1913
Photo: Gene Phillips