Constructed from Stone Mountain granite and designed by famed architect Willis Franklin Denny (1874-1905), Saint Mark United Methodist Church has stood at the corner of Peachtree and Fifth streets since 1902. A self-guided tour of the sanctuary and the 1946 Francis Winship Walters Chapel, designed by Atlanta architect Francis Palmer Smith, will be offered to Open House Atlanta attendees. Highlights include 12 beautiful pictorial stained glass windows in the sanctuary, designed and executed by Franz Mayer and Co. of Munich, Germany and installed between 1909-1959; the Aeolian Skinner organ originally installed in 1969; and the American Opalescent stained glass Rose windows installed in the 1920’s. Lancet stained glass windows in the Francis Winship Walters Chapel were designed and installed by the Willet Studios in 1947. A Reuter organ, originally installed in 1948, is also located in the chapel.
Architect: Willis Franklin Denny, 1902