The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta sits on an 8-acre site (3 acres of landscaped green space and public plazas). The building’s design reflects the Bank’s functions, in effect providing three buildings in one: a general office building, an operations center, and an education/training center. The Bank’s corporate offices and Visitors Center and Monetary Museum are housed in a 10-story tower facing Peachtree St., and cash and other operations are located in a three-story wing behind the tower. The exterior marble is white Cherokee marble from Tate, GA from the same quarry as the marble from the Bank’s previously building at 104 Marietta St. Several architectural elements from the original 1918 building stand on the front plaza at the corner of Peachtree St. and Tenth Streets. Atop one of these columns rests the 3,300-pound, 16-foot-wide cast bronze eagle that was commissioned for the Bank’s building in 1964. The building’s boardroom preserves the floor-to-ceiling wood paneling, the chandelier, and the 7-by-9 foot color map of the Sixth Federal Reserve District from the Bank’s previous boardrooms.
Self-guided tours available during open hours.
Saturday: 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
Sunday: 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.